The selection process
The selection process will be tailored to the job you apply for, but typically, in addition to a face-to-face interview, you may be invited to participate in one or more of the exercises detailed below.
- Approach a telephone interview in the same way you would a face-to-face interview
- Make sure you are somewhere quiet and comfortable
- You won't have the advantage of eye contact. Ensure your tone of voice is clear and confident and listen carefully
Telephone and face-to-face interviews
- Be clear as to why you want to work for the company
- Be concise in your response and make sure you answer the question asked
- Think about the skills and qualities required for the role and prepare examples from your experiences that demonstrate you possess the required attributes
An event with a range of selection exercises designed to replicate the role you have applied for.
- Be yourself – relax and let your personality come through
- Don't assume you're in competition with other candidates
- Don't worry if one exercise hasn't gone well
- Get involved in all the exercises
- Keep your energy levels and enthusiasm high throughout
- Don’t be afraid of asking questions before or during the event
There are two methods of assessment you could come across:
- Ability tests look at the extent to which you are able to carry out various aspects of a job, for example, your verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning abilities.
- Personality Questionnaires look at behavioural preferences and how you like to work (for example, how you deal with feelings and emotions and how you relate to others). There are no rights or wrongs in behavioural style, although some behaviours may be more or less appropriate to certain situations.
BEFORE THE ASSESSMENT
- If you have special requirements, make sure you tell us as early as possible.
- Make sure you understand what assessments you will be taking before you start the test(s).
- Prepare yourself fully using the practice facilities available on the websites below.
DURING THE ASSESSMENT
- Work quickly and accurately and don’t get stuck on one question – move on if you are unsure of an answer.
- If you do finish early, go over your answers to check them but don’t worry if you don’t answer all the questions.
- Make sure you are relaxed and will be undisturbed for the duration of the test.
- If you’re asked to complete a test online ensure that you take the test yourself as you could be re-tested at a later stage.
If you’re ready to proceed with your application, we’re ready to help you find your dream job within Lloyds Banking Group.